When joining with Farris Care Services you will be connected with a Case Manager who will take the time to get to know you well and identify your needs and preferences. Together, we will find a support worker that best fits you.
Social & Community Participation
Farris Care Services provides 1:1 supports for participants with NDIS funding allocated under “Assistance with Social & Community Participation” or “Increased Social & Community Participation” to enable you to participate in activities you enjoy and increase your access to the community in ways that bolster your independence. Your assigned support worker will assist and accompany you to engage in activities such as:
- Recreational activities such as going to the movies, bowling, etc.
- Getting out and about to libraries, day trips or classes.
- Trying new things to enrich your community experience.
- Support attending medical appointments.
- Meal planning and preparation.
- Shopping and budgeting support.
- Daily planning assistance.
- Travel training.
- Budgeting and financial skills development.
Daily Personal Activities
Our skilled and experienced personal care team members will provide you with safe, sensitive, private and dignified daily personal care, helping and supporting you to perform daily living activities such as:
- Personal hygiene activities such as showering, dressing, oral hygiene, toileting management and grooming.
- Assistance with meals, eating, drinking, cleaning and maintenance to keep a healthy home environment.
Daily Personal Activities (High)
For people with higher needs, support is provided by a worker with additional qualifications and experience, relevant to the person’s complex needs such as:
- Complex bowel care.
- Enteral feeding and Management.
- Tracheostomy care, Ventilation and urinary catheters.
- Subcutaneous injection.
Supported Independent Living (SIL)
Support is provided with supervision of daily tasks in a shared living environment, focused on developing the skills of individuals to live as independently as possible. SIL quote is provided with no obligation for NDIS funding based on available assessment and relevant support documents. If you are looking for quality support to live independently, please call us to discuss how we can assist you.