Farris Care Services provide group activities and support for participants to increase their independence in social interaction and build confidence. Small groups can be the perfect environment to build social skills and connect with others. These events are run by support staff that are ready to meet participants at the prearranged location or, for those who require more one on one support, participants have the option of attending with their regular support worker to get involved with the activities.
Where possible, we do our best to make up these smaller groups based on age and interests so that group members are better able to connect and enjoy their time with one another.
Groups activities include but not limited to the following:
- Bowling and other locally offered recreational activities.
- Meditation and mindfulness practice.
- Walking or hiking groups.
- Arts and crafts.
- Picnics and recreational park activities.
- Support to attend movies, shopping, other recreational activities.
- Meeting people of similar interests.
- Social support groups including sporting and community events.
Group activities with us are not exclusive to participants signed on with Farris Care Services as a provider for any other services, we are open and welcoming to all NDIS participants. If we are not your current provider but you’d like to participate in our group activities please contact us to get involved!